This delicious green vanilla citrus smoothie is simple to make and has only a few wholesome ingredients! It’s also dairy free and vegan friendly!
Smoothies are my absolute favorite way to start the morning! They’re a much better source of energy than coffee and are packed full of wholesome ingredients. Green Smoothies are my smoothie of choice because I get my daily dose of veggies and beneficial vitamins and minerals from deep, leafy greens. I just love Taylor Farms Organic Power Greens Baby Spinach and Baby Kale blend because it’s not one, but two nutritious powerhouse greens wrapped up in one package! The baby greens have a delicate flavor and are perfect for smoothies and salads. They’re pre-washed too, which is very convenient. Cleaning and prepping veggies is one of my least favorite things to do, so I appreciate that Taylor Farms products come pre-cleaned and ready to use!
I make this dairy-free and vegan friendly by using coconut yogurt. You can also keep it free of refined sugar by using unsweetened vanilla yogurt and blending in a few dates or a drizzle of maple or coconut syrup. I even add an extra splash of vanilla extract to enhance the flavor, but that’s totally optional. It’s really delicious as is!
- 2 cups Taylor Farms Organic Power Greens Baby Spinach and Baby Kale blend
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt (Add a ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract if using plain yogurt)
- ½ small ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 small ripe banana
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- handful of ice
- 1–2 dates or 1-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, to taste
- 1–2 cups orange juice, just enough to blend
- Place greens, yogurt, avocado, banana, chia seeds, ice, and sweetener into your blender. Add half the amount of orange juice and blend. Add more juice or sweetener if needed. Makes 2 servings.
This post was sponsored by Taylor Farms, but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Wife Mama Foodie!