Soft and fluffy gluten-free dinner rolls are the perfect side to just about any meal! Can be made vegan by omitting the egg and substituting the honey with another sweetener.
- 1 1/3 cup gluten-free cup for cup flour blend – I used King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoon honey, pure cane sugar, or other sweetener of choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon instant/rapid rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons oil of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg, at room temperature (can omit, but rolls will be more dense)
- Line a loaf pan* with parchment paper (see notes) and set aside. Can also use a greased pie pan or muffin pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flours, sweetener, yeast, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Stir in warm water, oil, vinegar, and egg, mixing until batter is smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Scoop dough out by heaping 1/4 cup I used an ice cream scooper and place into prepared pan side by side. I got about 8-ish scoops. Use wet fingers to smooth the tops of the rolls.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20–30 minutes, or until almost double in size.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or just until the center of the rolls are fluffy and cooked thoroughly. Time may vary depending on the pan you use.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or wrap well and freeze for later use.
*I use a loaf pan to make rolls tall and fluffy, but you can also use a greased round pie pan or muffin pan, to get individual muffin rolls. I like to line metal dishes with parchment, because sometimes I find gluten-free breads can taste metallic if they’re baked directly in metal pans.
- Category: Gluten-Free, Side, Bread