These superfood bars are easy to make and jam-packed with lots of wholesome ingredients! They’re no-bake and free of grains, gluten, and dairy!
- 1 1/2 cup (310g) medjool dates, pitted (can also use another sticky dried fruit, like figs or prunes)
- 1 cup (157g) almonds, pecans, or walnuts
- 1/2 cup (26g) unsweetened coconut flakes (or another similar nut or seed
- 1/2 cup (76g) raw pumpkin seeds, or another similar seed or nut
- 1/4 cup (28g) goji berries, dried cranberries, raisins, or other dried fruit
- 1/4 cup (35g) ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (25g) cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons (24g) chia seeds
- 1–2 tablespoons water, just enough for mixture to hold together
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) chopped dairy-free dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- any of your favorite superfoods for sprinkling on top, optional (ex: cacao nibs, hemp seeds, goji berries, pumpkin seeds, coconut, chia seeds, chopped nuts, etc.)
- Place dates and nuts into food processor and blend until finely ground. Add coconut, pumpkin seeds, goji berries, flaxseed, cacao powder, and chia seeds, pulsing until well blended. If needed, add water a tablespoon at a time, just until mixture holds together when pressed between two fingers.
- Scoop mixture into a parchment lined 8×8 square pan and press evenly into the pan with your hands or a flat bottomed glass.
- Melt chocolate and spread evenly across the top of the bars. Sprinkle extra seeds, berries, or nuts across the melted chocolate, cover, and chill until set (at least several hours) before cutting.
- Makes about 16 squares.
- Category: Snack, Grain Free, Vegan