This easy peach galette is simple to make and so delicious! The perfect dessert to make all summer long. It’s also vegan friendly with gluten and refined sugar free options!
- Homemade or store-bought dough, recipe below
- 4–6 peaches, peeled and thinly sliced (I used white peaches, but yellow peaches will also work)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (can use dairy-free)
- 2–3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or other sweetener of choice, depending on the sweetness of your fruit
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, use more or less to taste (optional)
- coarse turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on crust (optional. Omit if refined sugar free)
Vegan Galette Dough: (GF version below)
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or natural sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3–4 tablespoons cold water
Gluten-Free Galette Dough:
- Make the dough first. If using store-bought pie crust, continue to the directions below.
- Place dry ingredients—flour, sugar, & salt, into a large mixing bowl. Use a pastry blender to cut shortening (or butter) into the flour, until well incorporated and no large pieces remain; mixture should be crumbly.
- Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together. It should feel like soft play dough. If it’s too crumbly, just add a little more water.
- Flatten dough into a round disk shape, cover in plastic wrap, and refrigerate while you prepare the apples.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Take your dough out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before you plan to roll it out.
- Place dough on a piece of parchment paper and roll out into a large circle or oval.
- Arrange peach slices over the top of the dough, leaving about a 1–2 inch border. I took about 5–6 slices and fanned them out in different directions, but you can place them on there however you want.
- Once you’ve placed all of your peaches onto the dough, bring edges up over the fruit and pleat all the way around. Brush butter mixture evenly across the fruit and edges of the galette. If you’d like, you can sprinkle coarse sugar over the edges of the dough to add some extra sweetness and a bit of crunch.
- Place galette with parchment paper onto a large baking sheet and into the preheated oven. Bake for 40–50 minutes, until peaches are tender and crust is golden brown. Best served right away. Makes about 8-10 servings.
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: dessert, refined sugar free, vegan