This fudge is simple to make and only requires a few ingredients. You can easily omit the nuts and pomegranate arils for plain chocolate fudge or customize by using your own mix-ins.
- 2/3 cup dairy-free sweetened condensed coconut milk homemade recipe here
- 1.5 cups dairy-free dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate or other chocolate of choice, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped raw nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, or walnuts work well), optional
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate arils, optional
- Coarse or flaked sea salt for sprinkling, optional
- Prepare a loaf pan (for thicker fudge) or an 8-inch pan (for thinner fudge) by lining with a sheet of parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate in a medium saucepan or double boiler. Stir mixture over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and half the nuts and pomegranate arils, if using.
- Note: the pomegranate arils add little pockets of moisture to the inside of the fudge, so just sprinkle on top if you want clean slicing fudge.
- Pour fudge mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining nuts, arils and a pinch of sea salt (optional) over the top. Cover the pan and place into the fridge to set. Chill thoroughly before cutting. Store remaining pieces of fudge in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat. Fudge may be soft at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: dessert, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan