These easy pancakes are fluffy, hearty, and delicious! They can be quickly whipped up in a blender and are made with wholesome ingredients. They’re vegan friendly and free of gluten, dairy, and refined sugar.
- 1 1/3 rolled old-fashioned oats, not quick cooking (use gluten-free oats if needed)
- 2/3 gluten-free all-purpose flour or unbleached all-purpose flour (or you can use additional rolled oats*)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- generous pinch of salt
- 2 small ripe bananas or 2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce (plain regular or dairy-free yogurt can also be used)
- 1 1/4 cup milk of choice or water
- 1 large egg**, optional but not necessary (just omit if egg-free)
- 2–3 tablespoons maple syrup or other sweetener of choice
- avocado or coconut oil, for pan
- maple syrup, fresh fruit, coconut whipped cream, and cacao nibs/grated chocolate for topping
- Add everything to blender and blend until smooth, about 30-60 seconds. Let batter rest for 3–5 minutes to thicken.
- Lightly grease a non-stick pan and place over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, pour pancake batter into pan using a 1/4 or 1/3 measuring cup. Reduce heat to medium and cook until bubbles begin to form on the pancake. Flip and continue to cook until center is fully cooked.
- If your pancakes are cooking more quickly on the outside than the inside, you can cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Makes about twelve 5-inch pancakes.
*You can use additional rolled oats instead of the flour, but more milk/water may be needed.
**Adding an egg helps gluten-free pancakes not be so dense, but they work fine without it. The pancakes pictured are made without an egg.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: breakfast, gluten free, vegan