This simple salsa is made with fresh ingredients and takes only minutes to prepare! Perfect appetizer, snack, or side dish to bring to get togethers.
- juice of two limes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or other oil of choice
- 1 tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
- 1–2 teaspoons honey or sugar, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or thawed from frozen corn kernels, to taste
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 3–4 large roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, can use more or less to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons minced jalapeño peppers, seeded (optional and to taste)
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, vinegar, honey, and lime zest. Season with plenty of salt and pepper; adjust seasonings to taste. Set aside the vinaigrette while you prepare the rest of the salsa. In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and minced jalapeño. Pour vinaigrette over the mixture and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Tip: If making salsa in advance, keep veggies (except for avocado) and vinaigrette stored separately in airtight containers. Toss veggies, freshly chopped avocado, and vinaigrette together right before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Appetizer, Snack, Side