This simple puff pastry tart only has a few ingredients and can be made quickly, for dessert, breakfast, or brunch!
- 8 oz. regular or dairy free cream cheese, or mascarpone, softened
- 2–4 tablespoons maple syrup, more or less to taste
- 1–2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 sheet of puff pastry of choice, slightly thawed
- 2–3 cups berries of choice (I used a combo of sliced strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Beat together cream cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla and until creamy. I’d suggest starting with less sweetener and adding more to taste. Set aside.
- Place thawed puff pastry on a large piece of parchment and roll out into a larger rectangle. Use a fork to prick all over the center of the pastry, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Transfer the parchment with the puff pastry onto a large baking sheet. Spoon cream cheese mixture onto the pastry and spread all over the center, leaving the border plain. Top generously with fresh berries. I didn’t use sweetener in my berries, but if your fruit is tart, you can toss it in 1–2 tablespoons of maple syrup before placing on the tart.
- Bake tart in the preheated oven for 20–30 minutes, until crust is golden. Makes about 12 servings.
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast, Vegan