This easy berry puff pastry tart only has a few ingredients and can be made quickly, for dessert, breakfast, or brunch! Vegan friendly and refined sugar free too!
If you keep a box of puff pastry in the freezer, you’ll always have a plethora of easy and impressive meals and desserts you can make in a matter of minutes! This tart is all of five ingredients and takes less than a half an hour in the oven. It’s great for a simple dessert or perfect for a sweet addition to breakfast or brunch. It’s a giant fruit pastry that’s lightly sweetened and can easily be made dairy-free and vegan friendly.
I topped this pastry with mixed berries, but really any fruit would do—peaches, plums, cherries, etc.
This simple tart will be a delicious addition to our Easter brunch this weekend! With all the other food to make and things going on, it’ll be nice to have something so delicious, yet quick and easy to make! Enjoy!
- 8 oz. regular or dairy free cream cheese, or mascarpone, softened
- 2–4 tablespoons maple syrup, more or less to taste
- 1–2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 sheet of puff pastry of choice, slightly thawed
- 2–3 cups berries of choice (I used a combo of sliced strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Beat together cream cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla and until creamy. I'd suggest starting with less sweetener and adding more to taste. Set aside.
- Place thawed puff pastry on a large piece of parchment and roll out into a larger rectangle. Use a fork to prick all over the center of the pastry, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Transfer the parchment with the puff pastry onto a large baking sheet. Spoon cream cheese mixture onto the pastry and spread all over the center, leaving the border plain. Top generously with fresh berries. I didn't use sweetener in my berries, but if your fruit is tart, you can toss it in 1–2 tablespoons of maple syrup before placing on the tart.
- Bake tart in the preheated oven for 20–30 minutes, until crust is golden. Makes about 12 servings.