This easy apple tart has only 5 ingredients, is vegan friendly and free of dairy, eggs, and refined sugar. Using a sheet of puff pastry makes this dessert a cinch to throw together!
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Gently unfold thawed pastry and place on a large sheet of parchment paper. Roll pastry an inch or two larger and place overlapping apples slices all over pastry, leaving a one-inch border around the apples. Alternatively, you can slice the puff pastry into 6 equal portions to make individual tarts. Be generous with the apple slices for better flavor.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, maple syrup/sugar, and cinnamon until well combined. Using a pastry brush, generously brush butter-cinnamon mixture all across the apples and puff pastry.
- Transfer parchment paper with apple tart to a baking sheet and place into the oven. Bake for 30–35 minutes, until pastry is golden brown and apples are tender.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before slicing. Makes 8–12 squares, depending on how large you slice them.
- Category: dessert, vegan, refined sugar free