Ready in a matter of minutes and made in the comfort of your own kitchen: A dairy-free, free from sugary syrups, vegan and paleo friendly Almond Milk Cappuccino! So delicious and super easy to make!
- 1–2 shots of espresso or 4 ounces of strong coffee
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, depending on how much milk you like in your coffee. Recipe to make your own almond milk here.*
- Coconut Sugar or sweetener of choice, to taste
- sprinkle of Cinnamon, optional
- milk frother to foam milk
- Heat almond milk in a microwave safe mug for 30 seconds or in a small saucepan on the stove just until very warm. Meanwhile, begin to brew your coffee or espresso. Pour hot coffee/espresso into an 8 oz. mug and sweeten, to taste.
- When the milk is heated, it’s time to froth. At this point you can mix in a bit of sugar/sweetener to your warmed milk, if you’d like. Submerge whisk part of the milk frother into the warmed milk and power on. Froth the milk for 20-30 seconds or until it begins to foam up and double in size.
- Use a spoon to hold back the foam part of the milk and pour the rest of the warm milk into your coffee. Spoon the thick foam on top and sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon or garnish with a cinnamon stick. Makes 1 cappuccino.
- *Not all brands of almond milk froth well. Blue Diamond, 365 brand Organic Almond Milk from Whole Foods, and Califia Farms Almondmilk work well for me.
- Category: Drink