This simple dish consists of all of the yummy ingredients to make the perfect veggie sushi roll, but is made much more quickly deconstructed in a bowl! Recipe courtesy of Sapana Chandra’s cookbook, Plant Power Bowls, with a few adjustments.
- 1–2 cups cooked brown or white rice (I used the sushi rice from this recipe.)
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup chopped or sliced cucumber
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded or thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mango
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon toasted black sesame seeds
- 1/2 medium lime, cut into wedges
- 1 cup nori strips (optional)
Spicy Sriracha Dressing:
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in purified water for at least 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha, use less or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Divide the ingredients between two bowls. Serve with optional nori strips and a drizzle of sriracha dressing.
- To make the sriracha dressing, drain and rinse soaking cashews. Combine everything in a blender—cashews, water, lemon/lime juice, sriracha, Tamari, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Blend for 1-2 minutes, until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed. Adjust seasonings, to taste.
- Category: entree, vegan, vegetarian