A creamy blended oatmeal that’s quick to make and oh, so delicious! Perfect for breakfast or a cozy snack to enjoy throughout the day.
- 2 cups almond milk or other milk of choice, a splash more may be needed
- 1 cup rolled oats (use certified gluten-free oats if needed)
- 3/4 cup mixed frozen berries, plus extra for topping
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed Meal
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- small pinch of salt
- 2–4 tablespoons maple syrup or other sweetener, more or less to taste
- fresh berries or easy berry sauce for serving
- Place milk, oats, berries, chia, flax, and 2 tablespoons (use more or less sweetener depending on your taste) of maple syrup into a high-powered blender. Blend until creamy.
- Pour oat mixture into a medium saucepan and place onto the stove over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and stir until oatmeal has thickened, about 2-4 minutes.
- Place oatmeal into bowls and top with fresh berries or you can make a quick berry sauce by heating up 1 cup frozen berries with 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup in a small saucepan. Cook berries until fully defrosted and warm, mashing slightly to create a sauce. Pour warm sauce over bowls of oatmeal and serve. Makes 2-3 servings.
- Category: Breakfast, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan