If there’s one breakfast that we eat on repeat in our house, it’s oatmeal. I keep a big jar of rolled oats on the kitchen counter, which we of course use for oatmeal, but we also use them to make muffins, breads, and desserts!
This oatmeal is made smooth by blending the oats with milk in a blender before cooking it on the stove. I added berries, but you could easily use bananas, peaches, or whatever your favorite fruit is! The end result is so creamy and delicious, it’s definitely worth the extra step!
Top with more berries, your favorite nuts/seeds, and serve! A simple and cozy meal in a matter of minutes. Enjoy!
- 2 cups almond milk or other milk of choice, a splash more may be needed
- 1 cup rolled oats (use certified gluten-free oats if needed)
- ¾ cup mixed frozen berries, plus extra for topping
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed Meal
- small pinch of salt
- 2-4 tablespoons maple syrup or other sweetener, more or less to taste
- fresh berries or easy berry sauce for serving
- Place milk, oats, berries, chia, flax, and 2 tablespoons (use more or less sweetener depending on your taste) of maple syrup into a high-powered blender. Blend until creamy.
- Pour oat mixture into a medium saucepan and place onto the stove over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and stir until oatmeal has thickened, about 2-4 minutes.
- Place oatmeal into bowls and top with fresh berries or you can make a quick berry sauce by heating up 1 cup frozen berries with 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup in a small saucepan. Cook berries until fully defrosted and warm, mashing slightly to create a sauce. Pour warm sauce over bowls of oatmeal and serve. Makes 2-3 servings.