This Creamed Broccoli & Spinach Soup is easy to make and so flavorful! It’s also free of gluten, grains, & dairy; paleo & vegan friendly as well!
Soup is a food I could eat all year long. Hot or cold, rain or shine. They’re comforting, hearty, and pretty easy to throw together. My favorite soups are chock-full of wholesome veggies, which makes them both healthy and satisfying.
I love using Taylor Farms products because they’re always so fresh and ready to eat right out of the package. Their line of organic vegetables, including broccoli, green beans, and sugar snap peas, come in microwaveable bags and are perfect for quick sides, veggie platters, or to add to recipes. The fact that they’re pre-washed and ready to use really cuts down on food prep and makes cooking a breeze!
I used Taylor Farms Organic Broccoli Florets to make this creamy soup, along with onions, potatoes, garlic, and spinach. It’s very simple, but what really enhances the flavor is roasting the broccoli before adding it to the soup. Roasting adds a delicious depth of flavor as it brings out the natural sweetness of the vegetables and also incorporates those yummy caramelized bits.
It’s one extra step, but well worth it, in my opinion!
Just blend up the cooked soup to get that creamy finish. Stir in some plain yogurt and a drizzle of olive oil or top with some homemade croutons, which I make by pan-frying bread cubes with a little butter, salt and pepper. The soup is wonderful alone, but would also be great with some warm, crusty bread or one of Taylor Farms salad kits!
Are you a soup person too? Let me know your favorites in the comments below! Enjoy!
- 2–3 tablespoons avocado or other neutral cooking oil, divided
- 1 9 oz. bag Taylor Farms Broccoli Florets
- 1 medium onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3–4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves
- salt and pepper
- juice of ½ a small lemon, optional
- plain yogurt for serving, optional
- good olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place broccoli florets, chopped onion, and garlic onto a
- baking sheet. Drizzle with 1–2 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle generously with salt
- and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place pan into the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes, just until broccoli is lightly browned.
- Drizzle remaining tablespoon of oil into a large dutch oven or pot. Add potatoes and sauté for 2–3 minutes. Stir in the roasted
- broccoli, onions, garlic from the pan and enough broth to cover, about 2–3 cups.
- Bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until potatoes are fork
- tender, about 10–15 minutes. Turn off the stove.
- Add spinach and stir to wilt. Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place soup mixture into a high powered blender or use an immersion blender to blend until creamy. Add additional broth, if
- necessary, to blend. Stir in lemon juice, to taste.
- Pour soup into bowls and swirl in plain yogurt and a drizzle of olive oil. Makes 2–3 servings.
You May Also Enjoy These Similar Recipes:
This post was sponsored by Taylor Farms, but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Wife Mama Foodie!