Chocolate chip cookies made with coconut sugar! Includes the recipes for 3 varieties—all-purpose flour, gluten-free, and vegan/paleo. Also makes a great gift in a jar to give away!
CHOOSE EITHER ONE OF THE TWO RECIPES!
Regular & Gluten-Free Flour Option 1:
- 1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2/3 cup melted butter or Coconut Oil, cooled
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour OR a gluten-free one for one replacement flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flourone !important; margin:0px !important;” />)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Vegan & Paleo Friendly Option 2:
Option 1 Directions–Regular & Gluten-Free:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine the coconut sugar and melted butter/oil in a large bowl. Add egg and egg yolk and mix until combined. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. If using gluten-free flour, a few teaspoons of water may need to be added if dough is crumbly. Add just enough water to get a soft cookie dough.
- Place dough by the heaping tablespoons onto an ungreased or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until edges are set. The color of the cookies will appear darker due to the coconut sugar. Let cookies rest for a few minutes on the pan before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store extras in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Option 2 Directions–Vegan & Paleo:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda, salt, coconut sugar, and chocolate in a large mixing bowl. Use a wooden spoon to stir in coconut oil until evenly distributed. Mix in water a little at a time, just until dough comes together. Don’t add too much or cookies will be thin and flat.
- Place heaping tablespoons of dough a couple of inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until center is set and edges are lightly browned. Allow to rest on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 2 dozen.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert