Spicy coconut-lime marinated shrimp is grilled and then layered with a pineapple-mango-avocado salsa on homemade gluten-free tortillas. So fresh and very delicious!
Grilled Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tacos:
- 12–16oz. Raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/2–1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce, depending on how spicy you want it.
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- skewers, if using a regular grill
- shredded red cabbage, optional
- tortillas, recipe for Homemade Gluten-Free Flour Tortillas here.
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1–2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño for heat, optional
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- juice of 1–2 limes
- generous pinch of salt, to taste
- In a shallow dish, stir together coconut milk, Sriracha sauce, lime juice, zest, and garlic. Add raw shrimp, turning once to coat both sides. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to marinate 30 minutes-1 hour, while preparing the other parts of the dish. If using a regular gas or charcoal grill, shrimp will have to be skewered. If using wooden skewers, start soaking in water now.
- In a large bowl, combine together diced mango, avocado, pineapple, red pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeño (If you’re adding it. Will make it very spicy) and garlic. Sprinkle with the juice of 1 lime, a pinch of salt and then gently toss together. Depending on the size of your lime/amount of juice, an additional lime may be needed. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Can also be made a few hours in advance.
Putting It Together:
- If making the homemade tortillas, begin making those now. Keep warm until ready to use.
- If using a gas or charcoal grill, place shrimp on skewers. You can also use an indoor grill pan, in which case you don’t have to use the skewers. Place shrimp on a hot grill/grill pan over medium-high heat and cook for a few minutes on each side, just until shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- Place a small pile of shredded cabbage in each warm tortilla along with 4-5 pieces of shrimp. Top with tropical salsa and serve with additional wedges of lime. Enough shrimp for about 8 tacos, give or take, depending on how much shrimp you use per taco.
- Prep Time: 60 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Lunch, Dinner