This photo was recently featured in feedfeed’s Oatmeal feed! It was a photo taken from my Instagram page of a quick breakfast I made one morning. I love overnight oats, because you take a few minutes the night before to combine a few ingredients together and in the morning you have a healthy and delicious breakfast already made!
I like to jazz my oatmeal up by adding different toppings, like fresh fruit, nut butters, cacao nibs, and chopped nuts. In these overnight oats, I mixed in some fresh banana slices then drizzled on some all natural peanut butter and added a sprinkle of cacao nibs, chia seeds, and sliced almonds, for some crunch. I hadn’t planned on adding this to the blog (hence the lack of pictures), but since the feature, I’ve had many people asking where the recipe was, so here it is! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- ½ cup Rolled Oats
- ½ tablespoon Chia Seeds
- ½ tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- ½ tablespoon Maple Syrup or Honey, more may be needed if you like it sweeter
- ½ - ¾ cup unsweetened, plain almond milk or other milk of choice (use the lesser amount for thicker oats)
- In a sealable container or jar, combine together oats, chia seeds, flaxseed, maple syrup, and milk until mixed thoroughly. Seal and put into the refrigerator for several hours to overnight. In the morning, stir oatmeal and add more milk, if needed.
- Mix in banana slices and top with peanut butter, cacao nibs, chia seeds, and nuts. Serves one.