These chocolate pancakes are free of gluten, eggs, dairy, & refined sugar! They’re full of wholesome ingredients, including zucchini, but you can’t even taste it!
- 1 cup *oat flour
- 1/2 cup gf all purpose or regular all purpose flour I used King Arthur Gluten Free Multipurpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, about 1 whole small zucchini
- 1 cup almond milk, a little more may be needed
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, plus extra for pan
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
CHOCOLATE SAUCE: (optional)
- *You can easily make your own oat flour by grinding whole oats (I use my coffee grinder, but a food processor works!)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients—flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, flaxseed, cocoa powder, mixing well. Stir in shredded zucchini, almond milk, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla extract, mixing together just until incorporated. Let rest for a few minutes to allow the oat flour and flaxseed meal to soak up the liquid and bind the mixture together.
- Grease a pan or griddle with extra coconut oil and place on the stove over medium heat. Pour batter onto the hot pan by 1/4 cupfuls. Flip when edges have set and cook thoroughly. If batter gets too thick, stir in a splash of milk.
- In a small bowl, combine together the melted butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Add extra cocoa powder to make it thicker or add more maple syrup to thin. You can heat for 15-20 seconds in the microwave if you’d like it warm.
- Category: Breakfast