This gorgeous breakfast tart is perfect for brunch or special occasions. It’s made with wholesome ingredients and is free of gluten, dairy, and refined sugar!
- 2 cups rolled/old-fashioned oats (be sure to use gluten free oatsone !important; margin:0px !important;” />, if needed)
- 2/3 almonds, roasted hazelnuts, or other nut of choice (I used sliced almondsone !important; margin:0px !important;” />)
- 1/3 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder (can omit for plain granola)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, honey, coconut nectar, or other liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1–1 1/2 cups yogurt of choice (I used unsweetened coconut yogurt)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup finely ground freeze-dried raspberries or strawberries, can use more or less to taste (optional, for flavor and color)
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup, honey, or other sweetener of choice, can use more or less to taste (optional)
- 2–3 cups fresh fruit of choice (I used strawberries and raspberries)
- dark chocolate squares/shavings, optional
- Preheat oven to 325º. Lightly grease a 9–10″ fluted tart pan and set aside. If you don’t have a tart pan, you can use a springform pan or just shape the crust into a large circle on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place oats, nuts, coconut, cocoa powder, and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times, until mixture is blended. Pulse in oil, sweetener, and chia seeds, blending just until combined. Careful not to over-blend. Mixture should still be coarse and granola-like.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly into the bottom and sides of the tart pan. Place tart pan onto a baking sheet and then into the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes, just until granola is lightly toasted and fragrant. Let cool completely before removing from the pan.
Putting Tart Together:
- Mix together yogurt and ground dehydrated berries. Add sweetener (to taste) if necessary. You can also use a pre-mixed berry yogurt from the store.
- Once the granola crust is completely cooled, carefully remove from the pan. Slide an offset spatula under the crust to gently separate from the bottom of the pan and set onto the serving plate.
- Top with berry yogurt and fresh berries. You can also add chocolate chunks or shavings if desired. Tart is better when served right away.
To Make Ahead of Time:
- You can prepare the crust and yogurt ahead of time and assemble when needed. A fully cooled crust can be stored in an airtight container for several days.
- Category: Breakfast, Gluten-Free, Vegan