These chocolate chip cookie bars are made with healthier ingredients and are free of gluten, dairy, and refined sugar!
- 2 cups rolled oats, divided
- 1 cup gluten-free measure for measure flour blend or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil or melted butter
- 2 flax eggs or regular eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seed combined with 6 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1 cup chocolate chips, plus more to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment or grease well and set aside.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of the rolled oats and grind in a coffee grinder or food processor to make oat flour. Place the oat flour into a large mixing bowl, along with the last 1/2 cup of whole oats, all-purpose flour, shredded coconut, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix together well and then stir in oil, flax eggs, and milk.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread across evenly. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top and place in preheated oven. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until the center is set and the top of the bars are golden brown. Don’t overbake.
- Remove from the oven and let cool thoroughly before cutting into bars. Store leftover bars in an airtight container in a cool place. Makes 9–12 servings.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dessert