A simple yet delicious treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack or for dessert! Only a handful of wholesome ingredients and is gluten, grain, dairy, and refined sugar free.
Chocolate Chia Pudding:
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon cocoa/cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, honey, or other sweetener of choice (can use less or more, to taste)
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- plain dairy-free/Greek yogurt or whipped coconut cream
- fresh fruit of choice (I love cherries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.)
- cacao nibs or chopped nuts, optional
- Blend together chia seeds, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium bowl or container. Add vanilla, sweetener, and begin to whisk in milk a little at a time until cocoa powder and chia seeds are well blended. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 hour or more, or until seeds have gelled and pudding has thickened. Whisk again halfway through to break up clumps of chia seeds.
- Divide pudding into bowls and serve with optional toppings. Makes 4–5 servings.
- Category: Snack, Dessert, Gluten Free