Fudge popsicles made with chocolate chia pudding and banana slices. Simple and wholesome ingredients make up this yummy frozen treat!
- 1 1/2 cups almond or coconut milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 3–4 tablespoons Maple Syrup or Honey, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2–3 bananas, sliced (can also use another sweet fruit like frozen berries, cherries, etc)
- Cacao Nibs or Mini Chocolate Chips, optional
- In a medium container, mix together milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, and cocoa powder. Sprinkle in a few chocolate chips or cacao nibs if you’d like a bit of crunch (optional.) Cover and refrigerate while seeds expand, at least an hour or two, until the mixture is thick like pudding. It’s important to stir the mixture a few times while refrigerating to break up any chia clumps. These popsicles are mildly sweet. Taste the pudding and add more sweetener, if needed. Keep in mind they become even less sweet when frozen.
- Into your popsicle mold, alternate chia pudding and banana slices. I like to add as much fruit as will fit. Tap the mold on the counter periodically to release any air pockets. Fill molds to the top, cover and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze until solid, overnight is best. This popsicle maker is similar to the one I have.
- When ready to serve, I run the bottom of the molds under room temperature water, which helps them to pop out easily. Wrap extras in baggies or plastic wrap and store in the freezer.
- Category: Dessert, Popsicles, Frozen Treats