These chocolate and strawberry brownies are fudgy and delicious. They’re also easy to make and can be made vegan friendly and gluten-free!
Brownies are one of my favorite ways to eat chocolate. I’m a lover of all things ooey and gooey, so my brownies must be super fudgy! These chocolate and strawberry brownies are definitely that and more!
Are you a fan of chocolate covered strawberries? If so, then these brownies are a must try! They’re simple to throw together and made without eggs. They can be made without dairy and gluten as well by using the listed substitutions!
Since these brownies don’t contain eggs, it’s ok to take them out early if you like them super fudgy. I bake mine for 25 minutes, but begin checking them after 20 minutes if you like your brownies more gooey in the center; bake longer for more cake-like brownies!
- Chocolate—I use semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate in these brownies, but feel free to use your favorite. Chocolate chips or chopped chocolate both work well. Just be sure to use dairy-free chocolate, if needed.
- Butter—I like to use real butter in these, but Miyoko’s European Vegan Butter also works well. I haven’t tried these with coconut oil yet, but I believe it would work. Please let me know how it turns out if you happen to give it a try!
- Flour—regular all-purpose or a gluten-free all-purpose with xanthin gum (like King Arthur Measure for Measure GF flour blend) both work in this recipe.
- Sugar—I only tested these with organic pure cane sugar. Coconut sugar may work, but I haven’t tried it yet. I do not recommend using a liquid sweetener in these.
- Flaxseed—Since these don’t have eggs, flaxseed helps to bind these together. I haven’t tried with anything else, so I don’t have any recommended subs.
- Coffee—Adding coffee to chocolate brings out the richness of the chocolate. You don’t really taste the coffee, but it enhances the flavor. Plain water can also be used.
I hope you enjoy this chocolate-berry combo! Be sure to comment below if you give these a try! Bon appétit!