This fudge is simple to make and combines the delicious flavor of chocolate and peanut butter! Vegan friendly and is less sweet than traditional fudge.
- 2 cups chopped semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 1/3 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- pinch of salt
Peanut Butter Swirl:
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or regular/dairy-free butter, melted (use refined coconut oil for less coconut flavor)
- 1–2 teaspoons maple syrup, to taste
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup until smooth. If it doesn’t come together easily, heat in the microwave for 15–20 seconds, then stir until smooth. Set aside while preparing the chocolate mixture.
- Place chocolate chips, peanut butter, coconut milk, maple syrup, and salt into a medium pot and place on the stove over low heat. Cook over very low heat, stirring often, until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is creamy. Alternatively, you can place everything into a heat safe bowl and heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is completely melted. Careful not to over heat the chocolate, or it can become grainy.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Place a few teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture over the chocolate and use a knife to swirl together. Spread the rest of the chocolate on top and swirl in the remaining peanut butter mixture.
- Chill fudge in the fridge or freezer for 1–2 hours, or until firm.
- Cut into squares using a sharp knife and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.
- To serve, let sit at room temperature for a few minutes, just until slightly softened.
- Category: Vegan, Dessert, Dairy-Free