These cherry chocolate chip bars are made with wholesome ingredients and are vegan friendly, as well as refined sugar free and gluten free. Perfect and simple dessert to make and share all summer long!
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour (I used blanched almond flour, but almond meal should also work)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour blend
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch/powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 4–6 tablespoons water, just enough to make a soft dough
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil (use refined coconut oil for less coconut flavor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4–1 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate, use more or less to taste (I used dark chocolate)
- 1 cup pitted fresh or frozen cherries, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8″ pan with parchment paper or lightly grease and set aside. Blend together dry ingredients—flour, arrowroot, baking soda, and salt. Add maple syrup, water, coconut oil, and vanilla, mixing just until combined. Dough should be moist and malleable, like a soft cookie dough. If dough is dry, add an extra 1–2 tablespoons of water until it comes together. Stir in chocolate and pitted cherries.
- Press dough evenly into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or just until edges begin to brown. Center will be a little soft, but will firm up as it cools.
- Category: gluten-free, vegan, dessert