Enjoy this moist cake which is filled with lots of juicy berries and topped with a yummy streusel topping! It’s dairy and egg free, with gluten free and refined sugar free options!
- 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, brown sugar, or cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons solid coconut oil or cold butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or for gluten-free: 1 1/4 cup for cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour blend + 3/4 cup almond flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- 2/3 cup maple syrup or honey (I used a combo of both)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- In a medium bowl, blend together the flour, sugar, and cinnamon until well combined. Use a fork or pastry blender to cut coconut oil or butter into the flour mixture until it’s crumbly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease an 8″ or 9″ pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour(s), baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, maple syrup, butter/oil, and vanilla mixing just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle streusel evenly over the top.
- Place pan into the oven and bake for 45–60 minutes, just until center is set or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Serves 9–12
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: dessert, gluten-free, vegan