These blueberry cookies are made out of wholesome ingredients, like oats, fruit, almond butter, and flaxseed. They make a great healthy snack or on-the-go breakfast! Vegan friendly, plus free of gluten, oil, and refined sugar.
- 1 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour*
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce or mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup almond butter or sun butter
- 3–4 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons milk of choice or water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients—oats, oat flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in apple sauce, almond butter, sweetener, and vanilla, mixing until well combined. If dough is dry, stir in 1-2 tablespoons of milk, until dough is slightly wet, but holds its shape when scooped. Fold in blueberries.
- Scoop cookies onto baking sheet by the 1/4 cupfuls (I used an ice cream scoop) leaving a couple of inches in between each mound. Press slightly with wet hands to flatten each mound.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned. Remove and let cool completely before serving. Makes 9-10 cookies.
- Cooled cookies and be wrapped well and stored in the freezer for several weeks. Just thaw and enjoy!
*can be made by grinding whole oats into a fine flour using a food processor or coffee grinder.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Vegan