These chocolate chip cookies are everything the perfect cookie should be—soft, thick, and chewy! They have basic ingredients and don’t require chilling! They’re also naturally egg free and can easily be made dairy-free and gluten-free by using the alternative ingredients.
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free measure for measure flour blend (*Not packed cups. See notes on how to measure flour accurately)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips/chunks, plus more for top (use dairy-free if needed)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend melted butter/coconut oil together with sugars. Beat in milk and vanilla.
- Slowly beat in flour, along with the baking soda and salt, just until creamy.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Let dough sit for a few minutes while you preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Using an ice cream scooper or 1/4 measuring cup, scoop cookie dough out onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving several inches in between each mound of dough for spreading. Place a few chocolate chips/chunks on top of each mound (optional), then bake for 15-18 minutes, just until cookies have browned around the edges. Careful not to over bake. If you make smaller cookies, adjust time accordingly.
- Remove and let cool before serving. Makes about 10–12 large cookies.
*How to measure flour more accurately—Never pack flour into the measuring cup. If you pack the flour, you can end up with several tablespoons more flour per cup, which can make your baked goods more hard, dry, and crumbly. In order to ensure light and tender cakes, cookies, etc., first fluff the flour in the bag/container, then spoon flour into your measuring cup. Resist the urge to pack the flour or tap the cup on the counter; you want it to stay airy. Finally, level the top off with the back of a knife. Now it’s ready to be used in the recipe.
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Cookies, Gluten Free, Vegan