Mixed greens topped with chunks of bacon, avocado, tomato, cucumber, and hard-boiled eggs. Served with a delicious homemade ranch dressing!!
Now, here’s a salad you won’t dread eating!
I must first admit that I’m not really a huge salad person. A little bowl of lettuce with some chopped tomato and cucumber is rabbit food, people.
Nobody really enjoys eating that. Seriously.
No, my salads must be stacked with yummy ingredients. REAL ingredients, like BACON or some sort of protein, veggies, fruit, nuts, seeds.. it just needs some substance. We don’t want to be hungry again in 30 minutes!
My favorite salad lately has been a spin off a BLT, with crispy pieces of bacon, lettuce (of course), tomato, and some of my other favorite toppings: diced avocado, hard boiled eggs, and cucumber. You can really add any toppings you want, the important thing is that you enjoy eating it! I believe food should be good for you, but it should also taste good too! Who’s with me on that??
Then I drizzle on this creamy and delicious Homemade Ranch Dressing, which is dairy-free and paleo friendly too! I use my homemade mayonnaise as the base, so it’s like, really from scratch! You haven’t lived until you’ve eaten ranch from scratch. Trust me on this, it’s a MUST-TRY!
So. Yum. It truly is, friends. I hope you try it for yourself! Don’t forget to comment below to let me know how you liked it. Enjoy!
- 5-6 cups of mixed greens or chopped romaine lettuce (I used a combo of both)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced or chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup diced tomato or grape tomatoes, halved
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Place clean, dry lettuce in a large bowl. Arrange crumbled bacon, sliced eggs, diced avocado, cucumber, and tomatoes on top. Serve with homemade ranch dressing. Yields 2-4 servings.