Egg salad using avocado instead of mayonnaise for the dressing! Use it to make lettuce wraps or with crackers or toast! Makes a light and refreshing meal or snack!
- 1/2 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed (about 1 cup)
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2–1 tablespoon water, if needed
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
To Make the Sandwich As Pictured:
- 4 slices of bread of choice, toasted (Use gluten-free bread if needed)
- 1–2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, optional
- 1–2 teaspoons dijon mustard, optional
- extra salt and pepper
- tomatoes slices, as many as you’d like
- handful of fresh baby spinach or 2 pieces of romaine lettuce leaves
To Boil Eggs:
- Place 4 eggs into a small pot and cover fully with water. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook eggs at a gentle boil, uncovered, 10 minutes. Pour off hot water and gently crack each egg (this helps the shells come of easier.) Fill pot with cold water to stop cooking. Let eggs stand in cold water 10-15 minutes and then carefully peel off shells under cold running water. Chop egg and place into a medium bowl.
Avocado Egg Salad:
- Place cubed avocado, chopped egg, red onion, lemon juice, olive oil, a splash of water to moisten the mixture. Mix together and add salt and pepper to taste.
To Make Sandwiches:
- Toast bread slices and spread mayo and mustard (optional) on one side. Top with avocado egg salad, tomato slices, extra salt and pepper, spinach leaves, and other slice of toast. Slice and half and serve. Makes 2 servings.
- Category: Meal, Salad, Healthy