Welcome the warmer weather with this delicious tropical smoothie! Full of fresh fruit, it’s totally natural as well as dairy free, gluten free, and vegan!
Tapioca Pearls (Optional):
- 4–5 cups water
- 1/2 cup large tapioca pearls
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 cup strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup, optional
- 2 bananas, in chunks (preferably frozen)
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh orange or pineapple juice, unsweetened almond milk can be used for less sugar.
- garnish with pineapple wedges, whole strawberries, or shredded coconut, optional
- Cook tapioca pearls according to the package directions. When finished, drain tapioca and put it into a small container. Mix with water and maple syrup. Refrigerate until needed.
- In a small food processor or blender, puree the strawberries and maple syrup until smooth. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the fruit, milk, and juice. Blend until smooth.
Putting It Together:
- If using tapioca, distribute the pearls between 2-3 glasses. Top with a spoon or two of strawberry puree and then pour the smoothie mixture over that. When the glass is 3/4 full, top with more puree and then finish with the smoothie mixture. Garnish glasses with fresh pineapple wedges, a strawberry, or shredded coconut. Makes 2-3 servings.
- Category: Drinks