A dairy-free and vegan-friendly version of the popular Earl Grey Tea Latte with a hint of lavender. Easy, delicious, and less expensive to make at home!
- Place 1/4 cup very warm almond milk into a large mug. Break up the lavender pods by rubbing between your fingers and place into a mesh tea ball. Let steep for 3-5 minutes. (If you don’t have a tea ball, you can place the lavender directly into the milk and strain after steeping)
- Place remaining 1/4 cup milk and 1/2 cup water into a small saucepan and let come to a simmer on the stove over medium heat. Alternatively you can place liquid into a microwave safe dish and heat for 1.5-2 minutes in the microwave, or until hot. Turn heat off and add the earl grey teabags. Steep the tea for 2-4 minutes, according to package directions. Remove tea bags and sweeten with honey or sugar, to taste.
- While the tea is steeping, strain lavender from the milk and add vanilla extract. Feel free to add some sweetener too, if you like your lattes sweet. Use a Milk Frother to froth the milk until foamy and doubled in volume.
- Pour earl grey tea into foamed milk and gently stir together. Makes one 12oz. serving.
- Category: Drink, Dairy Free