These quick and healthy vegan lettuce wraps with avocado aioli are full of flavor and made with a surprising ingredient—Jackfruit! It has all of the flavor of traditional BBQ pulled pork, but vegan friendly and plant based! Topped with a crunchy slaw and creamy avocado aioli, these lettuce wraps make a hearty Game Day snack or delicious dinner!
I’m really not much of a football fan. I don’t watch a single game throughout the whole season…but, I’m all about Super Bowl Sunday! For me, it’s the food and half-time show I look forward to the most, but I’ve been known to yell at the TV screen with the rest of them when my team (the team I’m rooting for that day, that is) misses a pass. 😉 The food is usually pretty epic too. We make a bunch of delicious snacks, which are usually a mix of sweet and savory items, before we sit down to enjoy the game.
I say snacks, but the food we make is actually hearty enough for a meal. This year we’re adding a few new faves to the menu—these vegetarian and vegan friendly BBQ lettuce wraps with avocado aioli and spinach avocado spring rolls with a tasty peanut dipping sauce! They’re super fresh, delicious, and even approved by my picky kids, which tells you they must be good!
These particular Game Day “snacks,” unlike most, are also good for you! Thanks to the fresh and conveniently packaged products from Taylor Farms, they come together very quickly as well. Their Organic Romaine Hearts made the perfect crunchy lettuce cups, which I then topped with BBQ jackfruit (aka vegan pulled pork), a tangy slaw made with their Tri-Color Coleslaw, and a creamy avocado aioli made with perfectly ripe, nutrient-packed Mission Avocados. I even add avocado slices, because in my opinion, there’s no such thing as too much avocado. They’re a flavorful addition, plus they’re jam-packed with nutrients—nearly 20 different vitamins and minerals in each avocado! I like that Mission Avocados are sustainably harvested too, which is so much better for our environment.
To go along with these tasty wraps, we’ll also be making these simple, yet hearty, spring rolls filled with all the goods—Taylor Farms Baby Spinach, which are very nutritious and high in vitamins A & C, creamy Mission Avocados, and a variety of other fruits and veggies, like carrots, cucumber, strawberries, and pomegranate arils. These rolls are amazing on their own, but this amazing peanut sauce takes them to another level! Easy recipe below:
Spinach and Avocado Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 6–8 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 1–2 cups Taylor Farms Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 ripe Mission Avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- other veggies and fruit of choice, sliced thin—I used bell pepper, apple, carrot, cucumber, red cabbage, strawberries, and pomegranate arils
- peanut dipping sauce, recipe below
Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey to taste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 2–3 tablespoons almond milk or water, to thin
- Make the peanut sauce by mixing together peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, and garlic clover until well blended. Stir in a little milk or water, until sauce is thin enough to fall off the end of a spoon. Set aside while you make the spring rolls.
- To make spring rolls, place very hot water into a shallow dish big enough to fit your wrappers (like a pie/cake pan or sauté pan.)
- Dip a single sheet of rice paper into the hot water for a few seconds, just until it begins to soften. It will continue to soften once you take it out, so don’t leave it in the water too long.
- Spread the wet wrapper onto a clean work surface and begin placing different fillings the center. A row of spinach, avocado, bell pepper, carrots, cucumber, and strawberry slices was one of my favorite combos!
- Fold the bottom half of the wrapper over the fillings and bring in the sides, like an envelope. Begin rolling into a tight log, tucking in the fillings as your roll. When you get to the end, the other side of the wrapper should naturally stick to the roll. Place finished rolls on a platter and keep covered until ready to serve. Continue making rolls until you use up your fillings.
- Serve spring rolls whole or sliced in half alongside peanut dipping sauce. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for 1–2 days.
I use Taylor Farms products whenever I can, because their ready-to-use produce not only makes life easier in the kitchen, they are always super fresh and of the highest quality. It’s a brand I can trust and that means everything to me as a busy mom!
Whether you make these on Game Day or for dinner some night, you gotta try these lettuce wraps and spring rolls, my friends! Veggies seriously never tasted so good! Enjoy!
Details: Three (3) winners will win a case of @missionavocados and @yourtaylorfarms Chopped Salad Kits and $100 Gift Card. Here’s how to enter: