These easy superfood bars are jam-packed with lots of wholesome ingredients and simple to make. They’re no-bake and free of grains, gluten, and dairy too!
It was hard coming up with the first recipe of the new year. Most people seem to be on some sort of strict diet this month, but how do you go from posting cookies, cakes, and cinnamon rolls, to salad? Yeah, we might be eating them these days, but who really eats it because they like it? I mean, if salad was pizza—super fattening with zero nutrients, who would “indulge” in a big bowl of lettuce?
I’m only half kidding! 😜 I do enjoy a good salad every now and then, especially when it has loads of yummy toppings and a great dressing! But still, the first recipe needed to bridge the gap between sweet treats and something healthy, so a healthy treat it was!
These easy superfood bars are just the thing and they’re loaded with all the goods—raw nuts, chia, flaxseed, cacao, goji berries, pumpkin seeds, coconut, and dark chocolate. They are only sweetened with dates too and don’t have any added sugar, aside from the little bit in the dark chocolate, which you can choose to omit if you’re on a strict no-sugar diet.
These last a while in the fridge as well, so you can make them ahead of time and pop one in your lunch each day to snack on in between meals. Wholesome, healthy, with no preservatives or odd ingredients, why buy pre-packaged snacks when you can easily make them yourself?! Hope you enjoy these, friends! Happy New Year!
Easy Superfood Bars
- Yield: 16 squares 1x
These superfood bars are easy to make and jam-packed with lots of wholesome ingredients! They’re no-bake and free of grains, gluten, and dairy!
- 1 1/2 cup (310g) medjool dates, pitted (can also use another sticky dried fruit, like figs or prunes)
- 1 cup (157g) almonds, pecans, or walnuts
- 1/2 cup (26g) unsweetened coconut flakes (or another similar nut or seed
- 1/2 cup (76g) raw pumpkin seeds, or another similar seed or nut
- 1/4 cup (28g) goji berries, dried cranberries, raisins, or other dried fruit
- 1/4 cup (35g) ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (25g) cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons (24g) chia seeds
- 1–2 tablespoons water, just enough for mixture to hold together
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) chopped dairy-free dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- any of your favorite superfoods for sprinkling on top, optional (ex: cacao nibs, hemp seeds, goji berries, pumpkin seeds, coconut, chia seeds, chopped nuts, etc.)
- Place dates and nuts into food processor and blend until finely ground. Add coconut, pumpkin seeds, goji berries, flaxseed, cacao powder, and chia seeds, pulsing until well blended. If needed, add water a tablespoon at a time, just until mixture holds together when pressed between two fingers.
- Scoop mixture into a parchment lined 8×8 square pan and press evenly into the pan with your hands or a flat bottomed glass.
- Melt chocolate and spread evenly across the top of the bars. Sprinkle extra seeds, berries, or nuts across the melted chocolate, cover, and chill until set (at least several hours) before cutting.
- Makes about 16 squares.
- Category: Snack, Grain Free, Vegan
You may also enjoy these similar recipes:
Superfood Breakfast Cookies
Superfood Energy Bites
Raw Fig and Nut Bars