This creamy lemon aioli potato salad combines the classic dish with the fresh lemon-garlic flavor of a good aïoli. Perfect addition side to your entree.
I’m a big fan of potatoes—mashed, fried, baked, or scalloped, you name it and I probably like it. I could practically eat these Crispy Roasted Potatoes Fries with Lemon-Aioli for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so it was almost a no-brainer to combine potatoes with aioli for a fresh new take on this classic American potato salad. I mean, why not?
This colorful and festive salad is the perfect addition to any summer BBQ or Memorial Day/4th of July celebration! Many grocery stores now sell small bags of tri-color potatoes (I found mine at Trader Joe’s) but if you can’t find them, any potato will do.
This salad is creamy with a fresh hint of lemon and a sweet crunch from the bell pepper, and is the perfect side for any summer get together. If you make this be sure to tag me and #wifemamafoodie on Instagram so I can see your creations! Enjoy, friends!
Lemon Aioli Potato Salad
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
This creamy potato salad combines the classic dish with the fresh lemon-garlic kick of a good aïoli. Using a mix of colorful potatoes makes this a perfect addition to your summer bbqs!
- 3 pounds potatoes (I used a mix of small white, red, and blue potatoes)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (recipe to make your own here. Use vegan mayo, if needed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon zest
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Place the potatoes and 2 tablespoons of salt in a large pot of water. Bring the water to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, just until potatoes are barely tender when pierced with a knife. Drain the potatoes, then place them back into the empty pot and cover with a clean, dry kitchen towel. Allow the potatoes to steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Note: Blue potatoes tend to bleed a little, so if you want to keep the color contained, mix them with a little aioli separately, to coat, before incorporating with the remaining ingredients. Quarter (or slice) steamed potatoes and place them into a large bowl, along with onion, bell pepper, and parsley. Top with aioli and gently fold together. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Top with additional chopped red pepper and/or chopped parsley.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Salad, Gluten-Free, Side