These herb cashew cream cucumber bites are topped with a creamy herb cashew “cheese,” pomegranate arils, and a sprig of fresh dill. They’re healthy, delicious, and free of grains, gluten, and dairy!
Can you believe it’s almost 2017? Where has this year gone?? I feel like each year passes by way too quickly, and the older I get, the faster it goes. New Year’s Eve is often bittersweet as I look back upon the year in regret, thinking I should’ve done more of this and less of that. At the same time, it’s also a fresh start—a way to make goals and resolutions that I will finally stick to, gosh darn it.
Regardless of how I feel leading up to the year, come New Years Eve I’m partying with rest of the world! Well, partying the way a mom of two kids parties. 😜 We play games and make a variety of appetizers and desserts to munch on, and then at 12 a.m. we watch the ball drop in NYC, clang together our glasses of sparkling grape juice in celebration, and then go to sleep…yep, that’s how we do it!
The combo of the creamy herb cashew “cheese,” sweet pomegranates, and crunchy cucumbers is so delicious! This cashew spread would also be delicious on sandwiches, bagels, crackers, or as a veggie dip! (I also eat it by the spoonful, but whatevs 😉) The possibilities are endless!
These cucumber bites are the perfect little snack or appetizer for any occasion! They’re delicious, healthy, and whole 30/paleo/vegan friendly too, so they can be enjoyed by most anyone with dietary restrictions.
I hope you have a safe and happy New Year! See you in 2017 where I have many more delicious and healthy recipes to share with you all! 😊Print
Herb Cashew Cheese and Pomegranate Cucumber Bites
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
Savory herb cashew cream and a sprinkle of pomegranate arils sits atop cucumber slices, for a delicious and healthy snack or appetizer, perfect for a crowd!
Herb Cashew Cream:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained, and rinsed (can also opt to boil cashews for 5–10 minutes if you’re in a pinch for time)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 whole medium lemon) + zest for optional garnish
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped or 2–3 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2–3 teaspoons fresh dill, or more to taste, plus more for garnish
- 1–2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- sprinkle of ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons water + more as needed for blending
- 1–2 fresh, crisp cucumbers or 1 English cucumber, sliced 1/4” thick
- pomegranate arils
- Place drained cashews into your food processor, along with lemon juice, garlic, green onion/chives, dill, 1 teaspoon vinegar, salt, and pepper. Begin pulsing to incorporate ingredients together and then blend, adding water 1 tablespoon at a time, just until mixture is thick and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings to suit your taste. Add additional chives, dill, or salt if necessary, and add more lemon juice or vinegar, if needed, which gives it a tang, like cream cheese.
- Refrigerate herb cashew spread until ready to use.
- To put together, place a dollop of cashew cheese onto each cucumber slice and pile on the pomegranate arils. Top with a sprig of dill and a little freshly grated lemon peel and serve! Best if enjoyed right away. Makes about 2 dozen or so cucumber bites, depending on how much cheese you use on each slice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Gluten free, grain free, appetizer