Hey, friends! Here’s a quick recipe for these simple crepes that we make often…I’m actually surprised I don’t already have it on the blog, as it’s one of our faves! You can make them either sweet or savory and they can easily be stacked for crepe cakes too!
I make them with regular unbleached all-purpose flour or gluten-free with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour and to me these taste as good as crepes made with regular flour! They fold and roll easily without cracking too! Throw all of the ingredients in a blender and your batter is done in a matter of seconds! I just love easy recipes like this 🙂 The only hard part is waiting for them all to cook before digging in! You have to have some serious self-control!
Just fill with your favorite fillings—we like them on the sweeter side with fresh fruit and coconut cream or this healthier chocolate hazelnut spread. Mmm, SO good!Print
- Yield: 8-10 depending on size 1x
These crepes are super simple to make and so delicious! Just fill with your favorite sweet or savory fillings. Free of dairy and refined sugar, with a gluten and egg free alternative included.
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk or water (I used half of each. Can also use another milk of choice.)
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour OR gluten-free flour blend (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour)
- 2 large eggs* (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (can also use dairy-free butter)
- 1–2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey, optional (omit for savory crepes)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional (omit for savory crepes)
- Fresh berries or other fruit of choice
- chocolate hazelnut spread
- coconut whipped cream or regular whipped cream
- powdered sugar
- Add all listed ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Batter should be quite thin and pour easily. Blend in a splash more milk, if needed. Let mixture sit for a bit until air bubbles dissipate. Too many bubbles in the batter can cause the crepes to tear easily.
- When the batter is smooth, heat up a crepe pan and brush with melted butter or coconut oil. I used an 8-inch pan, but you can make them any size. Pour a circle about half the size of the pan (about 1/4 – 1/3 cup) and tilt pan in all directions to spread into a large circle. Let cook for 1–2 minutes, until golden brown, then carefully flip to cook the other side. Cook for an additional 20-30 seconds and then remove crepe to a plate to cool. Repeat with remaining batter. Should make 8-10 crepes, depending on the size of your pan.
- Adapted from this recipe.
*I have made these before without eggs. Eggs help the really thin batter to hold together. Without eggs they just need to be a tad thicker, so I suggest starting with 1/4 cup less liquid, only adding more liquid as needed.
- Category: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Breakfast, Dessert