This easy fudge is dairy-free and vegan/paleo friendly! Top with your favorite nuts, seeds, or fruit!
Fudge is something my family has made for as long as I can remember. Each member of the family has their own method too. Some use sugar and cocoa powder, while others use marshmallow whip. I’ve tried them all and must admit most of those methods have always been a hit or miss for me. Sometimes I wouldn’t cook the sugar mixture long enough, causing the fudge not to set, and other times I’d cook it too long and it would harden before I could scrape it out of the pot!
I actually find that most fudge recipes are way too sweet for me. I knew there had to be a better way!
I came across a method for fool-proof fudge and I knew I had to try it! Even though it called for regular chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk, I was pretty sure dairy-free dark chocolate and my homemade Dairy-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk would work well. I even threw in some raw almonds and pomegranate arils for the added nutrients, and it turned out beautifully!
If you can’t find pomegranate arils, feel free to omit them or use something else in its place. Same with the almonds—hazelnuts, pecans, or walnuts would work well in this fudge too. Or leave it plain. It’s great either way! If you add fruit, you’ll want to keep this fudge in the fridge and allow to sit out at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before eating.
If you don’t have the time to make it yourself, you can find Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk at many “healthy” grocery stores and online.
I think this will be my go-to method for making fudge from now on. It’s quick, simple, and always delicious. That’s my favorite type of dish!
Never miss out on new recipes like this one by following me on:
Instagram | Facebook | PinterestPrint
Easy Dairy-Free Fudge
- Total Time: 10 mins
This fudge is simple to make and only requires a few ingredients. You can easily omit the nuts and pomegranate arils for plain chocolate fudge or customize by using your own mix-ins.
- 2/3 cup dairy-free sweetened condensed coconut milk homemade recipe here
- 1.5 cups dairy-free dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate or other chocolate of choice, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped raw nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, or walnuts work well), optional
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate arils, optional
- Coarse or flaked sea salt for sprinkling, optional
- Prepare a loaf pan (for thicker fudge) or an 8-inch pan (for thinner fudge) by lining with a sheet of parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate in a medium saucepan or double boiler. Stir mixture over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and half the nuts and pomegranate arils, if using.
- Note: the pomegranate arils add little pockets of moisture to the inside of the fudge, so just sprinkle on top if you want clean slicing fudge.
- Pour fudge mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining nuts, arils and a pinch of sea salt (optional) over the top. Cover the pan and place into the fridge to set. Chill thoroughly before cutting. Store remaining pieces of fudge in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat. Fudge may be soft at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: dessert, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan
You May Also Enjoy These Similar Recipes:
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Swirl Fudge
No-Bake Chocolate Pomegranate Fudge Tart
Fudgy No-Bake Brownies