This sriracha buffalo cauliflower with avocado ranch recipe is a delicious alternative to buffalo wings and it’s nutritious at the same time! Free of gluten and dairy, also vegan and paleo friendly!
Buffalo wings are a favorite snack amongst the boys in my family. Whether it’s movie night or game day on Sunday, I can almost guarantee you that one of the requested snacks will be buffalo wings. My daughter and I don’t really care for them, which I’m sure makes my husband and son happy because it means there will be more for them. However, I don’t really like to buy them too often because they are usually breaded, fried, and not really nutritious.
Foods like that are okay on occasion, but I wanted to come up with a healthier alternative that was just as tasty as their beloved chicken wings yet equally as wholesome. Boy, did we find a winner with this recipe!
Cauliflower is a perfect choice because it is such a versatile vegetable. I’ve used it in stews, mashed potatoes, pasta sauce, and love it roasted as well. I knew buffalo roasted cauliflower would be delicious. I used sriracha for the hot sauce, since I prefer the flavor, but feel free to use your favorite hot sauce instead.
For the dipping sauce, my son’s favorite flavor for buffalo wings is ranch. I have a dairy-free, vegan friendly ranch dressing HERE and I gave it a twist by blending it with avocado and some lime juice. It’s a nice refreshing contrast to the spicy cauliflower and just plain delicious. I mean, it’s a yummy combo of ranch and guacamole, and who doesn’t like ranch or guacamole?!?
This snack is healthy, delicious, has a spicy kick, and is fairly quick to make! It’s allergy friendly and makes the perfect finger food for any occasion. My son has already asked me to make this on his birthday, which is HUGE! I hope you give it a try!
Sriracha Buffalo Cauliflower With Avocado Ranch
- Total Time: 30 mins
This delicious alternative to buffalo wings is equally as delicious and nutritious at the same time! Free of gluten and dairy, also vegan and paleo friendly!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, middle stem removed and cut into florets
- pinch of salt and pepper
Buffalo Sauce: (double sauce for extra saucy “wings”)
- 6–8 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce, depending on how spicy you like it. (Use paleo friendly srirachaone !important; margin:0px !important;” />, if needed.)
- 2–4 tablespoons melted regular or dairy-free butter, or avocado oil (to taste)
- 1.5 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 2/3 cup homemade Dairy-Free Ranch or favorite store-bought ranch dressing
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- juice of 1/2–1 whole lime
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Stir together sriracha sauce, melted butter/oil, and vinegar. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower florets in a single layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle cauliflower with 2/3 of the sauce and toss to combine.
- Place pan into the oven and roast for 20–25 minutes, flipping cauliflower mid-way through.
- Drizzle with remaining sauce continue to bake for another 5–10 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. For more crispy cauliflower, broil for the last 1-3 minutes, just to lightly brown the top. Watch carefully so that it doesn’t burn. Remove from heat and flip cauliflower to coat in the sauce from the pan. Serve hot with avocado ranch.
To Make Avocado Ranch:
- Into a food processor, combine ranch dressing, avocado, juice of half a lime, and either parsley or cilantro. Blend together until smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary. Taste and add other half of lime juice, salt and pepper, if needed. Blend until thoroughly combined. Chill until ready to use.
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Appetizer, snack, vegan, dairy free, gluten free
You May Also Enjoy These Similar Recipes:
Roasted Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Salad with Buffalo Ranch Dressing
Roasted Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts