This easy black bean salsa is made with fresh ingredients and takes only minutes to prepare! Makes the perfect appetizer, snack, or side dish to bring to you summer get togethers! It’s so tasty and simple to make.
My family and I recently ran over to Trader Joe’s fifteen minutes before closing to grab a cartful of snacks and appetizers for our movie night. We’re pretty serious about our movie nights! I mean, when you’re looking at several hours (at least) glued to the tv, you need sustenance!
Per my son’s request, we planned to rewatch the Lord of the Rings trilogy + Hobbit trilogy, which as you may already know are, like, three hours long…each! Talk about some serious family movie time!
Working through my mental math, that’s about 18 hours worth of hobbits, dwarves, elves, and ugly creatures! 😆 Yep, those movies get really intense and therefore call for some serious snacks!
If I could pick one of my favorite savory snacks to eat these days, it be this black bean salsa. It’s a nice change from our other fave, guacamole, and equally fresh and delish!
I call it black bean salsa, but it’s really black bean, avocado, corn, and tomato salsa…I just cut it short for SEO purposes. 😉 It’s easy to throw together and super ADDICTIVE!
We eat it with tortilla chips, but it’s also a great topping for tacos, enchiladas, nachos, chicken, fish etc…be creative with it! The possibilities really are endless! My family loves the recipe so much they couldn’t get enough.
We usually don’t have leftovers to repurpose though. I can happily sit in front of a big ole’ bowl of this salsa and simply shovel it into my mouth by the chipful! 😋🙈 Hey, don’t knock it til you try it! Black bean salsa is one of our new faves! How about you?
Let me know if the comments if you’ve tried this or have some other great recommendations. I hope you are having a great Spring!Print
Easy Black Bean Salsa
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
This simple salsa is made with fresh ingredients and takes only minutes to prepare! Perfect appetizer, snack, or side dish to bring to get togethers.
- juice of two limes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or other oil of choice
- 1 tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
- 1–2 teaspoons honey or sugar, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or thawed from frozen corn kernels, to taste
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 3–4 large roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, can use more or less to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons minced jalapeño peppers, seeded (optional and to taste)
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, vinegar, honey, and lime zest. Season with plenty of salt and pepper; adjust seasonings to taste. Set aside the vinaigrette while you prepare the rest of the salsa. In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and minced jalapeño. Pour vinaigrette over the mixture and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Tip: If making salsa in advance, keep veggies (except for avocado) and vinaigrette stored separately in airtight containers. Toss veggies, freshly chopped avocado, and vinaigrette together right before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Appetizer, Snack, Side