This delicious and easy granola takes just a few minutes to toast in a skillet before it’s ready to eat! Use it to top yogurt & smoothies or as granola cereal. Feel free to customize the ingredients to suit your taste.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or other oil of choice
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, pecans, or other nut of choice
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, or extra nuts
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- pinch of salt
- Place a large skillet/pan on the stove over medium-high heat and add coconut oil and maple syrup. Cook oil and syrup together until bubbly, 30–60 seconds. Stir in the remaining ingredients—oats, almonds, coconut, flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt.
- Continue moving oat mixture around with a wooden spoon or spatula until the oats and nuts start to turn golden brown and smell fragrant, about 3–4 minutes. If your mixture is browning too fast, turn the heat down a bit. Remove the pan from the heat and let granola cool completely before storing in an airtight container. If you like dried fruit, like cranberries or raisins, you can stir 1/2 cup or so into the granola as soon as you take it off the stove.
- Push granola to a pile in the center of the pan if you want it to dry in clumps for granola clusters. It will also become crunchy as it cools.
- When it’s cool, break up large clumps and store in an airtight container. Makes about 3 cups of granola.
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: breakfast, gluten-free, vegan