These mini plum tarts are super simple to make and come together in less than 30 minutes. They can also be made vegan friendly and refined sugar free by using the alternative options. Feel free to use another fruit instead of plums—peaches, nectarines, berries, etc.
- 2 sheets (17.3-ounce package) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg mixed with a splash of water, optional (for vegan option, use non-dairy milk of choice)
- 4–5 assorted medium plums, pitted and very thinly sliced
- coarse turbinado raw cane sugar, honey/maple syrup, or other sweetener of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Thaw puff pastry according to the package directions. While pastry is thawing, thinly slice the plums and set aside.
- Unfold thawed pastry on a lightly floured surface and gently roll each side out into a larger rectangle. Cut each pastry sheet into 9 squares and place onto prepared pans.
- Brush each square with the egg wash. If not using egg, you can brush them with non-dairy milk. The egg wash just helps give the pastry a nice golden color.
- Top with plum slices, then sprinkle each tart with sugar or drizzle evenly with honey/maple syrup. Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until tarts are puffy and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before transferring. Makes 18 mini tarts.
- Category: dessert, vegan, brunch