This simple fruit salad is the perfect side for your summer get togethers and 4th of July BBQs! It’s healthy, fresh, and easy to make!
In the heat of the summer, I crave fresh, hydrating fruit. I like to cut up an assortment of fruit for me and the kids to snack on throughout the day. This simple fruit salad is a blend of my favorites—juicy watermelon, sweet berries, and crisp apples. It’s the perfect side for get togethers and backyard BBQs with family and friends. Since the fourth of July is a couple of days away, I made it a little more festive by using a few star cutters to cut out some of the fruit.
You can easily use your favorite fruit instead of the ones listed and cut it into cubes instead of shapes. Feel free to customize it to suit your taste. The best part is, it’s fresh, healthy, delicious, and requires no cooking/baking either! It’s basically the perfect side!
Enjoy, friends, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you give this a try!
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2–3 apples
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Cut watermelon into ½-inch slices. Use a small or medium (1"–2") star cutter (I used these and one similar to this set) to cut out as many watermelon stars as you can. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Slice apples into ¼" slices. Use a small ½" star cutter to cut out as many apple stars as you can. Toss in lemon juice to keep from browning. Place into bowl.
- Cut the green stems off of each strawberry. Use a paring knife to cut zig zag slices around the center of each strawberry (see photo above.) Separate the two sides and place into the bowls.
- Finally, stir in blueberries. Serve right away.
You may also enjoy these similar recipes: