A moist and fragrant gluten free bundt cake with the delicious flavor combo of orange and cranberries. The cake itself is free of refined sugar.
Merry Christmas, friends! This time of year we gather together with family and friends in the spirit of love and generosity. It’s the season for giving and being thankful for life and for the precious people who surround us. We gather around food and festivities as we celebrate our different traditions.
For us, we celebrate the birth of Christ. We also exchange gifts, decorate cookies, watch Christmas movies, and make lots of delicious food!
This cake is the perfect dessert for your holiday gathering. It’s fragrant and moist with the delicious combo of orange and cranberries. Top with sugared cranberries for a sweet addition to each slice.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas surrounded by those you love. Enjoy!
- 2¾ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (I use Bobs Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour or King Arthur Gluten-Free Flour)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup freshly grated orange peel
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ¾ cup honey or maple syrup (I used half of each)
- ¾ cup orange juice, pulp strained
- ¾ cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- 1 cup cranberries
- 3-4 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk/heavy cream and/or orange juice (I used half of each)
- ½ cup white chocolate, chips or chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
- ½ cup sugar + ½-1 cup extra for coating cranberries
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups cranberries
- Combine ½ cup sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook until sugar is dissolved and syrup coats the back of a spoon. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, place ½ cup sugar in a bowl.
- Once the syrup is cooled, stir in cranberries until all are evenly coated with the syrup. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to the sugar bowl.
- Toss the berries in sugar and place onto a large baking dish to dry. Repeat with remaining cranberries until all are coated, adding more sugar to the sugar bowl as needed.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Use a pastry brush to liberally brush the inside of your bundt pan (10-12 cup capacity) with palm shortening or coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, begin to beat butter until fluffy. Mix in orange zest and add eggs, one at a time, until evenly blended. Add honey/maple syrup.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture, alternating with orange juice and milk, until all are evenly incorporated. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Stir in cranberries.
- Pour mixture into the prepared bundt pan and spread to evenly distribute. Place bundt pan onto a baking sheet and place into the oven, on the middle rack. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until center of cake is set and toothpick inserted near the middle comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Let cake cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Once cooled, carefully invert cake onto cake plate. Drizzle with glaze and decorate with sugared cranberries. Makes 10-12 servings.
You may also enjoy these similar recipes: