This easy fruit cobbler is made with wholesome ingredients and is free of dairy, eggs, and refined sugar, with a gluten-free alternative.
Summer fruits are just the best. When they’re on sale, I buy a bunch with the best plans to freeze a bunch for the winter. The only problem is that we end up eating it all before I have the chance to prep them for the freezer!
Besides just snacking on it fresh, I love using it in pies, crisps, tarts, cakes, pancakes, and muffins…There are so many possibilities! This cobbler is another favorite. It’s fruit smothered in a simple vanilla cake. It’s delicious enough for dessert, yet wholesome enough to enjoy for breakfast or brunch.
The nice thing about this cobbler is that you can use a combination of your favorite fruit, either fresh or frozen—blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, plums, and cherries are all delicious ideas!
I usually keep a bag of mixed berries in the freezer for my smoothies, so I threw a few cups into this cobbler, along with fresh sliced strawberries, cherries, and peaches. It’s like summer in a bite! Such a yummy combo!
This cobbler is great with a cup of coffee, a scoop of ice cream, or my favorite, a glass of almond milk! Enjoy!
- 1 cup gluten-free or unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour or flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- ¼ cup olive oil, avocado oil, or melted coconut oil, plus more for pan
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3–4 cups fresh or frozen fruit of choice (I used a combo of mixed berries, pitted cherries, and sliced peaches)
- 1–3 tablespoons turbinado sugar or honey
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 10-inch oven-safe skillet or a 9–10 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together dry ingredients—flours, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, oil, sweetener, and vanilla extract, whisking just until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan and top with mixed fruit of choice. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar or drizzle honey over the top.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 30–40 minutes, just until center is set. Makes 6–8 servings.